Monday, May 18, 2009

Needle in a haystack

Alright, so I checked to see if I could get back into the blogsite and thought I'd post another because obviously, and amazingly I managed it.

This weekend flew by for me. I think it was the orienteering. My friend, Berty Guacamoli, and I took to the hills in search of little coloured markers with various punching apparatus attached to use as proof we'd found them. Not long after starting I realised 'slow run' listed on the card to indicate the kind of wilderness we were moving through, actually meant slow and careful walk to avoid all manner of underbrush, scary insects and animals.

A few scratches later, I suggested hopefully that the tracks would allow us to move quicker and was glad Berty was so patient and accommodating, even though children and the elderly were running through the thicket around us. They were wearing long, protective clothing (mostly).

http://www.orienteering.asn.au/

No comments: